Monday 30 March 2015

Monday morning feels so bad, everybody seems to nag me…..


Monday morning seriously feels like the end of the world to me. So I need something to remind me that as much as I hate Mondays there are still good things in the world! With that in mind I've decided that every Monday I will make a list of all the things that bring me joy,

Here are things that are making me happy at the moment:

The Good Wife 


Paul and I have recently become addicted to The Good Wife (thank you netflix). We are possibly the last people to watch the show. In case you too are late to the party, here's why you should be watching The Good Wife -
Following a sex scandal and corruption charges, Alicia's husband resigns as state's attorney and ends up in prison. Once he's behind bars Alicia goes back to the career she had left so she could be 'The Good Wife' and becomes the kick ass lawyer she was always meant to be. I don't know what more you could want. I was going to list the awesome cast members but you may as well look at IMDB to see how excellent they are. IT'S ALL GOOD.

My New Tangle Teezer 
Untitled
I now own a Lulu Guinness tangle teezer. Very important item. But seriously, it is making my hair better somehow and it's really cute. 
 
Lucky Dip Club
Untitled
Lucky Dip Club has been going for about a year now and it is the best thing EVER. Every month a box full of awesome stuff turns up at my house. All of it is handpicked or designed by insanely talented Leona Baker. I love every box and use Lucky Dip Club stuff everyday - from my keyring, to my bus pass holder, to the magnet that holds the takeaway menus to the fridge and the necklace round my neck. The boxes always have a personalised item and a DIY kit. I now have so many name necklaces and personalised things which is magical for someone who never found their name on souvenir things in gift shops. The latest box is being posted out today! 

Stuff Mom Never Told You
this picture stolen from the smnty facebook page....
For a long time I've been a fan of the Stuff You Missed in History Class podcast but I've only got into the Mom Stuff podcast from the same people quite recently. Stuff Mom Never Told You is an unapologetically feminist and meticulously researched podcast about women and being a woman covering pop culture, psychology, history, fashion - anything at allll to do with women. Bonus: Cristen (one of the host of the podcast) also makes SMNTY YouTube videos and watching allll of them is the best way to waste Saturday afternoons. 

Poldark

Aiden Turner is often topless in this new adaptation of Poldark. I'm not sure if I'm really into the series yet but I am enjoying looking at Aiden Turner on a Sunday evening. 


Poldark and Demelza looking all broody 

No comments:

Post a Comment