Sunday 17 August 2014

The week that nothing really happened…


This week felt long. Far too long. It felt like it was about three months long. This weekend has been about 5 minutes.
I think it's because it has been a pretty boring week. I had no impromptu dinner parties. I had no trip to the pub and I didn't discover a new life mantra.
I have:
  • Continued to listen to trashy romance audiobooks. My current one is about a medieval girl who is pretending to be a boy so she can go to Cambridge. I think she may soon been discovered by the rather dishy man who has taken her in…
  • Bought a new handbag and Tatty Devine necklace because I am a reckless spendthrift
  • Untitled
  • I have hennaed (?) my hair. I can't see a lot of difference but my work friend went "I can see it! Your hair has some life!" so that is a positive review.
  • I tried to write some blog posts. I have half-written a few…
  • I have taken a couple of selfies!
  • Untitled
    Particularly sexy face here..
  • I have read Lucy AitkenRead's Happy Hair book about giving up shampoo and it has really interested me because I have hippy tendencies and really want nice hair. If I could get gorgeously thick, healthy hair for very little effort I should be very well pleased. I am just going to start by washing my hair less and using less shampoo and see if I can stand it.
  • I have been thinking a lot about becoming one of those brave people who cycle round Oxford. I am petrified but I am planning on doing some cycling proficiency for grown-ups so that I feel confident, and don't piss everyone off/die as I negotiate the horror that is the roundabout after Magdalen Bridge. I would be so proud if I could actually do it without death, not to mention fit and rich.
Hopefully the coming week will be a little more thrilling. We are seeing some friends for dinner tomorrow night so that will break the doooom of Monday.
This week I am going to put a lot more effort into my work wear. Our department has a stupidly strict dress code which feels like school uniform and makes it easy to wear boring, drab clothes everyday. I vow to book interesting this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment