Tuesday 7 July 2015

But where did I go, what did I do?

Frankly, I’m sure you don’t give a damn! But I will tell you anyway.

I haven’t written a Monday post for ages because I’ve been in weird mood. I’m tired all the time at the moment and I’m pretty sure that is due to extreme boredom with my job. I have recently done some training at work which I hoped would make it much more interesting. It did not. It was nice to have a few weeks away from my normal routine I am back to normal now and it’s as boring as ever. I really need to pull my socks up and take charge of myself because I am a ridiculous person and I spend a lot of time trapped in a cage of procrastination and self-doubt. What a beacon of positivity I am! I promise I’m not actually as miserable as I’ve made myself sound there! But what have I actually been up to?



Untitled
how cool is it that we managed to get numbers one after another?
I had a lovely weekend with Laura about a million weekends ago. We stayed very very late and then we attempted to do race for life in the hot midday sun on about 3 hours sleep. I nearly died - Laura kept making me run!



Like all normal people, I binge watched Orange is the New Black as soon as it came out. I got home at 5 on the Friday night and started watching it and by 5pm Saturday I had seen all 13 episodes. I did sleep properly and fit in a couple of loads of washing a bit of washing up too! I don’t want to say much in case someone spoilable comes across this. I have a lot of feelings about it and I may disclose them at some point! We’ll see how that goes. As a side note: I especially enjoyed all the closing songs on this season. – Mama Said by the Shirelles and Rebel Girl by Bikini Kill in particular had me sofa shimmying.


I’ve been reading Things I Don’t Want to Know by Deborah Levy which is brilliant and interesting and makes me think I should read George Orwell’s Why I Write which Levy’s book is a response to.


Recent (sad) things I’ve been enjoying…

In one of my Lucky Dip Club boxes I got this brilliant weekly planner pad and every weekend I plan the things I should do during the week. I admit that I rarely stick to it… but I really enjoy the process! Every time I try to do something organised and adult like this I feel like I take a baby step towards being a proper person:

Untitled

I’ve become obsessed with Ruth Crilly of A Model Recommends. Her videos and blog rather than her personally, I’m not that creepy. I really could waste a lot of my life watching other people’s lives on YouTube; yesterday was watching a video that was someone walking their dog, doing some shopping and then cooking some dinner. How ridiculous am I? But I find it really comforting! I mostly like Ruth’s videos because she seems really lovely and has an amazing looking cat. I know, I know, I am fully weird.

I have become obsessed again with Call the Midwife. There is nothing I don’t love about it. The main reason I love is the whole thing is about women and women’s stories. There are 3 regular male characters and they are rarely on screen together, and if there are on screen they are normally talking about women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment