Wednesday 10 September 2014

How is it September already?


A day late. (I wrote this on Monday.. It's now a million days late due to internet issues)
What has happened to me over the last week or so?

I had two days off and I spent one of them the best way you could possibly spend a day – at IKEA. We bought a table so that we can be civilised and have people round – very key for our Margot and Jerry aspirations. On the second day I went to see Lucy. It was nuts. I don't have anything else to say other than that.

Other than that I have been carrying on with my normal life: trying to decide what to be when I grow up, eating lots of carbs, trying to decide what so do with my hair, wearing lipstick. I had a nice weekend – on Saturday I convinced myself to buy a satchel in TK Max for NaNoWriMo purposes (what else will I carry my laptop in?!) and I went to the birthday party of an old friend who I don't see enough of any more. Sunday was spent feeling insanely tired and eating hash browns.

I have managed to give the Freya North audiobooks a break. There are only so many times you can listen to the same story over and over again. This week I chose to have my heart almost broken by Persuasion. It is such a breathtakingly beautiful book. I know this and yet I am amazed each time I re-read it.

Now that September has begun, I am itching to wear jumpers and boots. GOD I LOVE AUTUMN. I am also getting quite Christmassy. I have submitted my leave requests for Christmas, and we have made our Christmas plan so I know where I will be over the Christmas period. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about it getting colder. I can't wait to smell that special, exciting cold smell you get at night. In my excitement I have made a list of all the things I want to do this autumn and winter.

This is my to-do list for Autumn/Winter 2014:

Eat munchkin pumpkins
Watch fireworks
Finally hold housewarming parties
Have amazing and properly planned Halloween outfit for the first time ever
Win NaNoWriMo
Get some awesome new ankle boots
Go for long, cold walks in the countryside and then thaw out In front of a fire in a lovely old pub
Eat as many casseroles as possible
Watch lots of costume dramas
Enjoy silly seasonal drinks
Make a Christmas playlist
Watch a Harry Potter film each week in the lead up to Christmas
Have Elf day
Go the BUST Christmas Craftacular
Visit a garden centre for cheesy Christmas fun
Go to Liberty and be dazzled by their Christmas shop
Get a new Christmas jumper
Get Paul and I Christmas mugs
Get one of these hair clips from Crown and Glory (and/or maybe this or this)
Make Christmas decorations
Watch Christmas specials of everything – especially The Good Life
Have a Christmas party with games and mince pies and over emotional singing to the Pogues. 

I am really quite desperately excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment