Tuesday 1 January 2013

Resolutions: 50 Books in 2013

TBR
Part of my MASSIVE and eclectic TBR pile


My New Year’s resolution this year is an improving one (in theory anyway, once you’ve read some of the trash I read you may question exactly how improving it really is). I don't read enough books and the success of NaNoWriMo has made me believe in setting myself goals so here we go. 

I aim to finish a book a week – I have some very long books on my TBR pile (e.g. Claire Tomalin’s huge biography of Dickens) that I would never manage to read in a week – hence finishing, rather than reading. Hopefully I will have read at least 50 books by the end of the year (obviously there are 52 weeks in a year but 50 sounds better than 52 and it gives me a little leeway). Doesn’t this sound improving and clever? 

Books I think I might read atm. I will add books and cross off books etc. as I acquire/read them. 


Tea with Mr Rochester - Frances Towers 
The Killing Handbook - Emma Kennedy
The Marriage Plot - Jeffrey Eugenides
Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
Rape: A History from 1860 to the Present - Joanna Bourke
My Animals and Other Family - Clare Balding
Shapely Ankle Preferr'd: A History of the Lonely Hearts Ad (I got this for £1 from poundland)
Backstory - David Mitchell
Capital - Jon Lanchester
Bright Young Things - Scarlett Thomas
Burning Your Boats - Jeanette Winterson
Murder at Mansfield Park - Lynn Shepherd
The Greatest Love Story of All Time - Lucy Robinson
The Man of Property - John Galsworthy
At My Mother's Knee and Other Low Joints - Paul O'Grady
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou
Charles Dickens - Claire Tomalin

No comments:

Post a Comment