Wednesday 25 May 2011

Sweden

I am becoming more obsessed with Sweden by the hour. 


Sweden has given us: 
MOOMINS

ABBA

Stieg Larsson

Alexander Skarsgård

IKEA

and now...ELSA BILLGREN! (Who I will find and marry, my primary reason for  wanting to visit Sweden)

Other reasons to LOVE Sweden include:

There was outrage when crown Princess Victoria wanted to be "given away" at her wedding because they think of it as unfeminist and anglo-american. 

They have some kind of special Cake national holiday.


2 comments:

  1. COMMENT BOX! YES!
    Ok, so obviously Sweden is amazingness itself, and I am genuinely considering learning Swedish so I can go there and bag myself a glorious viking man. And there are extra things that make Sweden fab, like
    Jake Gyllenhaal is part Swedish (and his surname makes so much more sense when you know that)
    Men get as much paternity leave as women do maternity leave, and it seems like they are properly expected to do their fair share of the child rearing
    Their vodka is a lot nicer than Russian vodka
    Daim! And Daim cake! And meatballs!

    There may have been more but I can't remember them now since I haven't been allowed to make my comment for about a million years... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. In sweden they have book dispensers on the underground! or they at least planned to in 2006! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/caitlin_moran/article788365.ece

    ReplyDelete